Sunday, November 12, 2006

Cookin' with Creekside

Hello, all! Here's what's cookin': Monica, Serena and I were discussing the idea of a church family cookbook. Tell me that's not a YUMMY idea! I don't know if one already exists, but I think it would be a great fundraiser that we could have organized and printed for purchase before Mother's Day. We could also advertise it elsewhere (Walnut Grove, for example). Maybe we could leave a few books in the administration office there as a small token of appreciation and leave a flyer advertising it for sale as well, if they agree.

It would be a delicious way to get our name out into the community, advertising our lovely "Cookin' with Creekside" cover (in progress) with all of our contact information on front and a map to our new location on the inside cover. I have already begun collecting some of my favorite recipes and organizing them into taste-tempting categories.

Monica came up with the idea that it would make a great gift to welcome new members into our family. What a treat! We warm their hearts with love and bodies with food!

I know there's a paradise of potluck recipes to be organized, and we're so excited about putting it all together! Please let me know if you all agree.

I have emailed our church administrators and am hoping for hungry replies. Let's pray for big success!

Rakel

No comments: